Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Helping Others

All things considered, it was a very good weekend. I was able to spend some real quality time with my kids and that is always a great source of hope for me as I stay focused on my recovery. I take the time during the week while I am not with them to think about what we can do for the weekend and also, what can I teach them to be stronger boys/men in the future.

This week, I wanted to make sure they understand the concept of helping others. They helped me donate clothes and books to the local Goodwill store and I talked to them about how it worked and how these items that we donated will go to help others in need.

They were also able to donate some of their profits from a drink stand business that we ran together last weekend. Since I have 3 kids, we split the profits into 4 units...one for each of them and the 4th share to charity. There is a local children's hospital right by our house and we agreed to donate the $2 to the hospital. I know this might not seem like much but I want to keep at this and do a form of volunteering or helping others with my kids so they can start to learn how to help others throughout their lives.

I am starting to also think about other sources of income. As mentioned before, I am a fan of being an Uber/Lyft driver...would like to have other options if I am having a tough time getting in the car to drive..One of my ideas is to become an adjunct professor within the business school of a local university. I know it doesn't make a ton of money, but it does hit upon a few things that I really enjoy...let's see where it goes but it will take a while to get me into the course offerings options (hopefully by the Spring semester)



     

No comments:

Post a Comment