Thursday, November 2, 2017

A small step forward

So there was a small positive step that happened in my recovery yesterday, K and I agreed to attend our first couples therapy session. This came to a huge surprise to me from her but I welcomed it. She also mentioned that she wanted to attend a Gam Anon meeting...another good sign.

It was a very small step forward and at the end of it, we realized that we are not ready to do more couples therapy session. What makes most sense is for K to get help for herself because of how severe of damage I have done with my addiction.

Although I was hoping for a little more progress from the session, I agree with the next step of K getting herself help first...I have to stop rushing this, especially trying to rush her through this process..I am working on that and it is a character defect that I need to change...the impatience and controlling way about me...I am learning to let go of that.

After the session, we actually had a laugh about how the therapist reacted to our current situation and ended up having a quick dinner together...again being careful not to get ahead of myself but I still realize that I love her as a person and will work my butt off to fix myself.


Payback Tracker update:

Uber/Lyft weekly earnings of $476


     

1 comment:

  1. Well done this is a huge step forward , taking time to really understand is the beginning of letting go of the anger

    ReplyDelete