Thursday, November 23, 2017

What I am thankful for

An Uber rider reminded me that I need to be thankful for what I have and stop worrying about what you don't have....I found this to be a great reminder that your mindset is such a huge part of your recovery and happiness in life.

Of course, there are plenty of things for me to worry about that remind me of the damage I have done...But this is now all about what I decide to do about it going forward vs looking back. Things could be worse and if I stay focused on the plan that I laid out and execute it one day at a time, I can start to see the slight light at the end of the tunnel. This is the road of being able to forgive myself and then find happiness with the rest of the life I have.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and remember to take it one day at a time


     

No comments:

Post a Comment