Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Humility

I will say, working the second job as an Uber/Lyft driver is teaching me some humility. I knew it would be only a matter of time when I picked up a rider that I knew, and that is exactly what happened the other night. I do try and stay away from the town I live in, but you can't control where the series of ride requests will take you, as I have learned the hard way a few weeks ago.

So I ended up getting a ping in the town next to mine at a bar location, one that I knew was there but never been in....so I was assuming a small local bar. And then when I pull up, I noticed that the guy was one of my kids friends father, we don't know each other that well, probably met a handful of times of a few parties and sports events.

Good thing it was late in the evening and he was traveling with a buddy of his, but as he tried to talk to me...I was doing my best to keep my comments short and change the tone of my voice a bit...You see, I am not ashamed of what I am doing as a Uber/Lyft driver....I just don't need the rumors starting up in my town across all the families and impact my kids in anyway at school...and that is exactly the kind of town I live in....everyone is in your business all the time...

Probably added to how I got here, there is some aspect of me striving for perfection and trying to keep up with the "Joneses"

I do think occasionally, what if I got a ride request from Q....how would I handle it? Not sure, try not to think about the negatives as much anymore, but those thoughts do pop up in my head every now and then.

Payback tracker: Light week on rideshare earnings with the kids 1st day back and hanging with them this weekend. Net of Gas and tolls, made about $400

Also made $125 in credit card cash back .


 

No comments:

Post a Comment