Sunday, September 10, 2017

K thinks I am an Idiot

One hard thing about trying to move forward with K is the fact that she is not being honest with me about this relationship with Q....as I came across another situation this weekend where I was reminded of that.

As I mentioned before, Q lives in our town and some of the kids ages overlap, which increases the likelihood of running int him around town events. This weekend, it was the opening home game of the high school football team and I decided on a whim to take the kids there....as they are really starting to get into football...it is also a cheap fun event to do with kids and that helps in my current situation. When I told K that I was going to take the kids to the game, she started to act strange and a bit off....normally she would have been all over this, not that she sees us together right now but we are trying to act more civil when we are around the kids...Then I remembered, one of Q's kids just started to play on the football team and that means, Q would be at the game also...

So then I made sure we made the game. As we were getting to the field, K was acting more and more uncomfortable, guessing that she is worried right now we are going to cross paths at the game....as she is constantly jumping on her phone to text someone as we get closer to the game, and also checking the phone throughout the game.

So we got to the start of the 2nd half and that is when I saw him...He was starting to walk towards us and then he either saw me or K and he stopped dead in his tracks and watched the game from there. There were points of time I could have sworn he seen me looking at him but then he turned away. Funny enough, another one of his kids was actually right next to me and my kids as K was sitting on the stands right behind us....I am not sure what she was thinking but guessing some of it was she can't believe how close her two worlds are starting to collide.

We actually had to leave a bit before the end of the game and K did her best to try and give us an escape route to stay away fro Q as we exit but one of my kids decided to run up near the part of the fence that he was standing. I decided to go follow my child and was a good 10 feet away from Q at this time...I didn't do anything but turned around and walked out...here was another moment that K probably was sweating bullets.

I wasn't sure what I would have done or say if Q said something to me...there were times when I was going to say something to K or Q during the game, but decided against...my kids were there and I need to focus on them.

I realize it is over with K...started to a few weeks ago but now the dishonesty is starting to impact how we are together around the kids...I know I am the last person to talk about honesty and what I have done, but I am trying to be a better person and move forward from my wrongdoings.


No comments:

Post a Comment