Monday, September 18, 2017

Too good to be true

I knew it was too good to be true...the weekend was going great with K (relatively speaking) until Sunday night and then I was reminded of how much I hurt K. Being that is has been only 7 weeks or so since my confession, her actions are still telling me that she has no care in the world for me and that isn't going to change anytime soon....and I understand.

With this separation in its early stages, we are both trying to figure out this co-parenting arrangement out since we never sat down and laid out the specifics of this separation. And with that comes a weekly discussion around how we are handling the kids during the weekend...All was going well until K decided to stay out much longer than we talk about on Sunday night and without any text telling me of when she will be at the house.

I know I can't control K and who she is with but the part of it was that there was a certain time that we talked about and she had no care to alert me...telling me that I really screwed this up and who knows what the future holds for us...I am just trying to salvage a  friendly relationship at this time since we need to get this co-parenting thing right for the kids.

I will also say that I have been wrestling with certain scenarios in the future....and I am being asked by my therapist of what do I want out of this relationship in the future....knowing that I still feel so responsible and guilty for this all, I want to have K back...but also knowing of what has been going on with Q and with such details....not sure how I can move past that with K...I know it is going to be hard no matter how this goes and not sure of when and if I ever get to that bridge....but that is something that has been swirling in my head...I will cross that bridge when I get there...

And onto to picking up some more Uber and Lyft rides.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment