Monday, October 23, 2017

How to save money on gas

Here is an off topic from my normal recovery posts but I thought it was relevant since I am seeking to payback my financial debts that I created and I do earn extra cash driving for Uber and Lyft.

Since I seem to spend around $100 in gas a week with the ride share partners, I make sure that I do these two things to save money:

#1. Use the GasBuddy app. This shows you all of the gas prices in your area and can seek out the best value for your location.

#2. Pay with cash. In the area that I am located, there is around a $0.10 difference in the price if you pay cash vs credit. On a $2.50/gallon price, that equates to a 4% savings. That is about $16 a month that I save by keeping some cash handy when I need to fill up.

Back to my driving....


     

No comments:

Post a Comment