Wednesday, August 30, 2017

The text message that was never sent

Tonight was pretty much a typical night for my 2nd job with Uber and Lyft until I encountered one of my last riders. I picked her up from her place of work and was asked to drive over an hour to a hospital, she just received a message from her family letting her know that her grandmother is not doing well and that she needs to head down to the hospital as soon as possible. She was crying in the car as she was trying to get information from her family and also thinking about the worst case scenario for her grandmother.

I was trying to be as respectful as possible making sure I didn't impose on what she was going through but also let her know that I was there if she wanted to talk. I didn't have a tissue but offered her a Dunkin Donuts napkin, one of many that I keep in my middle console. I was able to distract her with random conversation for about half the trip but it had me thinking about my life.

At the end of the fare, I wished her and her family best wishes for what they were going through and immediately started a text message to K. It went something like this:

" I just wanted to send you a quick text letting you know no matter how this works out, I will always love you. I wanted to send you this note because there was a reminder from one of my fares tonight that life is too short....

But then I had to stop myself from finishing the text message...You see, K is still angry at me for a whole host of reasons and she clearly expressed to me that she needs her space from me. And that I need to focusing on fixing myself. I did not want to be accused of emotionally manipulating her as I have done in the past.

So I decided to erase the text and write a blog post once I got home for the night...Not sure if she will ever read this blog, but this post helps me express my feelings for her.

Tracker Update: Sold some items on Ebay for $291


Subscribe to my feed  


1 comment:

  1. Hi. This is Edwin from GMP. You commented on my article.
    I could totally relate.
    A few months after my wife left our home, I met an accident -- I fell asleep while driving. Got serious damage on the car. Fortunately, no one was hurt.

    Life is short. I had the same impulse as you, to send a text message to my wife.

    Ain't it a good wake-up call when we realize how short life is?

    Hang in there. Much more to life in store for you.

    Best!
    Edwin

    ReplyDelete